This time of year, nasty colds and runny noses are just waiting to make their way through our schools, offices, and anywhere else they can spread.
Get ahead of the germs by boosting your immunity with this vitamin C smoothie.
While not a cure for disease, studies have found foods high in vitamin C may reduce the duration and severity of the common cold.
What you'll need:
- 2 scoops of The Good Stuff™
- Handful of frozen strawberries
- 1 medium orange, peeled and segmented
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt (or dairy-free yogurt for a vegan option)
- 1/2 cup spinach or kale (for added vitamins and antioxidants)
- 1 tablespoon honey or maple syrup (for sweetness, optional)
- 1/2 cup water or unsweetened almond milk (adjust for desired thickness)
- 1/2 teaspoon powdered turmeric (known for its anti-inflammatory properties)
- 1/2 inch fresh ginger
- Small handful of ice
- Place all the ingredients into a blender.
- Blend until smooth and creamy, adjusting the liquid (water or almond milk) as needed to reach your desired consistency.
- Taste the smoothie and adjust the sweetness with honey or maple syrup if necessary.
- Pour your immune-boosting smoothie into a glass and enjoy!
In addition to all the vitamin C, this smoothie is rich in antioxidants from the berries, and probiotics from the Greek yogurt. The addition of greens, turmeric, and ginger provides even more immune-boosting benefits.
Plus, it's a delicious and refreshing way to support your overall health.